- 4 pork chops (about 240g eachl
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g strawberries
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 30ml castor sugar
- 60ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Halve the strawberries and add them to the vinegar and sugar
- Heat a frying pan over medium-to-low heat and add the stock. Bring it to the boil
- Add the strawberry-vinegar mixture to the stock and reduce the heat to low.
This can be served hot or chilled
- Heat the strawberries through. Set the sauce aside.
- Place the chops on a platter and pour the strawberry sauce over. Garnish with torn basil.