- 125g Flour (260 ml)
- 125g cream cheese or cottage cheese
- 125g Butter (135 ml)
- 1ml salt
- 20g Flour (37,5 ml)
- 50g Mushrooms chopped (150 ml)
- 20g Butter (25 ml)
- 3 ml lemon juice
- 250ml milk
- 10g onion, chopped (10 ml)
- 50g finely grated biltong (200ml)
- 5 ml parsley, chopped
- 10g Butter (12,5ml)
- 2 eggs
- Prepare an indirect fire on your charcoal braai or set up a gas grill for indirect cooking
- Sift the flour and salt together. Rub the butter into the flour mixture, using your fingertips.
- Mix the cream cheese in with a knife. Place the dough in the refrigerator to cool. Roll the dough out to about 3mm thickness.
- Place the pastry in a Weber Griddle Pan.
- Bake the pastry shell for 15 minutes at approx 220°C.
- In a pot melt the 20g butter and then add the flour, stir over a low heat for one minute (ensure it does not burn).
- Add the milk gradually and keep stirring until the sauce boils. Boil it for 3 minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms and sprinkle with lemon juice. Sauté the mushrooms and chopped onion in the 10g butter until brown.
- Add to the white sauce.
- Separate the eggs, beat the egg yolks and add to the white sauce. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Spoon into partially baked pastry shell, and bake for a further 10 minutes.