- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grill apple halves, cut side down, over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until nicely browned and the skins start to pop off, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. Let cool, remove the skins, and chop into large pieces.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the butter and sauté the celery, onion, and carrot until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the apples and cider. Simmer until the vegetables are soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin and cream; return to a simmer and then add the allspice and nutmeg.
- Using a hand blender, puree until smooth (or strain solids, place solids in a blender, puree, and add back to liquid). Heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 10 to 15 minutes
Serves: 10 to 12