- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco® sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 20 chicken wings, wing tips removed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the wings from the bag and discard the marinade. Lightly brush or spray the wings with oil. Sear over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until well marked, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Continue grilling over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, until the meat is no longer pink at the bone, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Grilling time: 12 to 16 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8