- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 750g top round or beef tenderloin
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a small bowl whisk the marinade ingredients with 1/4 cup water.
- Cut the beef into 1cm cubes. Place the cubes in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from the bag, reserving the marinade. Thread the meat onto metal skewers, leaving space between the cubes.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill the beef cubes over direct high heat (230°C to 290°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes for medium rare, turning once.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, and boil for one full minute. Add the peanut butter, return to a boil, and whisk until the sauce thickens. Serve warm with the beef skewers.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: 1 to 2 hours
Grilling time: 3 to 5 minutes