- 2 tablespoons whole coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 Rump steaks, each about 1/2kg and 2.5cm thick
- Vegetable oil
- Coarsely grind the coffee beans and peppercorns in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Lightly brush or spray the steaks with oil and then season them on both sides with the coffee-pepper mixture.
- Grill the steaks over direct high heat (230°C to 290°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to your desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, turning once.
- Remove the steaks from the grill. Season both sides with salt. Allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Grilling time: 6 to 8 minutes