- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 top sirloin steak, 1/2kg to 1kg and about 4cm thick
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Trim the steak of any excess fat. Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place on a plate, and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Allow the steak to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Sear the steak over direct high heat (230°C to 290°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, and then grill over indirect high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium rare. Remove from the grill and let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices and serve warm with grilled red peppers and grilled artichokes, if desired.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 6 to 8 hours
Grilling time: 12 to 16 minutes