- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 piece of beef fillet weighing approx. 1.8 kg
IN THE KITCHEN
- Wash and finely chop the Thyme and rosemary leaves and mix with the Dijon mustard, crushed garlic and fennel seeds.
- Coat the beef thoroughly with the Dijon dressing, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat in the roast holder.
AT THE BRAAI
- Half fill the chimney starter with Weber briquettes and prepare the barbecue for indirect heat – approx. 240-250°C.
- Put the roast holder with the beef on the barbecue and cook over indirect heat for approx. 20 min.
- Remove the meat from the barbecue and allow to rest uncovered for 10 min.
- Put the meat back on the barbecue and give it another 20 min.
- Remove once more and allow to rest uncovered for 10 min.
- Continue the interval cooking until the meat has a core temperature of 58 degrees.
- Remove the meat from the barbecue, cover and allow to rest for approx. 20 min. before carving.
Skill level: Medium
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 70-80 min
Total time: 1 hour 40 min
Barbecue temperature: 240-250°C
Cooking method: Indirect, interval cooking
Equipment: Weber Original™ Digital Meat Thermometer, Weber Original™ Rib and Roast Holder
Core temperature: 58°C