- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 thinly sliced veal top round steaks, 115g to 140g each
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine the butter ingredients. Using the back of a fork, mix the butter well until smooth and creamy. Set aside at room temperature so the butter stays soft.
- Place the veal steaks between two large pieces of plastic wrap. Then, using the flat side of a wooden mallet, pound the steaks to an even thickness of about 1/2cm.
- Brush or spray the veal with oil and season with the salt and pepper. Grill over direct high heat (230°C to 290°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once. Transfer to warm plates and spoon the butter over the top. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: about 1 minute