- 450g dark cherries, pitted (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kirsch (cherry liqueur)
- 4 medium peaches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 4 cookies
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, combine the pitted cherries, sugar, red wine, and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and purée until completely smooth. Return the mixture to the sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the kirsch. Simmer until reduced to about 1/4 cup, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove and discard the pits. Place the halves in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Coat the peaches with the butter mixture. Grill the peaches over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C) until grill marks are clearly visible and the peaches are soft, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Keep the lid closed as often as possible during grilling.
- While the peaches are still warm, layer each serving glass with 2 peach halves, 1 scoop of ice cream, and 1 tablespoon cherry sauce. Tuck a cookie into each glass. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 8 to 10 minutes