- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, each about 1.5cm thick
- 1 teaspoon cracked dried green peppercorns or cracked black peppercorns
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan combine the glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Keep the glaze warm or reheat when ready to serve.
- Season both sides of the pineapple slices with the peppercorns. Grill over indirect medium heat (180°C to 230°C) until well marked, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Keep the lid closed as often as possible during grilling. Serve each pineapple slice with a scoop of ice cream and some of the glaze drizzled over the top.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Grilling time: 6 to 8 minutes