- 30 g butter
- 75 g sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Toffee cake
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 350 g creamy peanut butter
- 100 g unsalted pecans
- 50 g icing sugar
IN THE KITCHEN
- Put all the ingredients in a pan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Allow the sugar mixture to boil for approx. 6 min, stirring all the time, until golden brown in colour.
- Pour the liquid sugar mixture into an oven tray lined with baking paper and leave to cool.
- When cooled down, chop the toffee into pieces.
- Combine the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla sugar, baking powder and peanut butter well.
- Chop the pecans and fold into the mixture together with the toffee pieces.
- Pour the mixture into a barbecue-proof oven tray lined with baking paper.
AT THE BRAAI
- Half fill the chimney starter with Weber briquettes and prepare the barbecue for indirect heat – approx. 240-250°C.
- Place the baking stone in the centre of the barbecue and put the cake on top. Bake for 25-30 min.
- Allow the cake to cool. Cut into batons, measuring approx. 2 x 3 cm.
- Sprinkle the toffee batons with icing sugar.
Serves: Approx. 24 batons
Skill level: Medium
Preparation time: 60 min
Total time: 1 hour 30 min
Cooking time: 25-30 min
Barbecue temperature: 240-250°C
Cooking method: Indirect
Equipment: Weber Original™ Baking Stone, pan, oven tray (25 x 25 cm)