- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can (400g) artichoke hearts
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 baby eggplants, cut in half
- 1 small onion, divided into four wedges
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 loin lamb chops, each about 115g and 3cm thick, trimmed of excess fat
- In a large bowl whisk the marinade ingredients; add in the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, eggplants, and onion. Let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the bowl and shake off any excess marinade. Grill the vegetables over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, for about 6 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill and roughly chop. Put the vegetables into a medium saucepan and add the chicken broth. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan combine the chicken broth and butter; bring to a boil. Add polenta and stir well. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Roll each lamb chop in the bread crumb mixture. Grill the chops over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to desired doneness, 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare, turning once. Serve warm with the grilled vegetables and creamy polenta.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 15-17 minutes