- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar (200g) artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 85g fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts halves (with skin), about 225g each
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sauté pan combine the olive oil, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Set the pan over medium-high heat to warm the oil mixture for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, rinse, and coarsely chop the artichokes and add along with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add the goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. Mix to evenly distribute the ingredients and allow to cool.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and, with a meat mallet or the back of small pan, pound to flatten to a thickness of about 1/2cm. Place the breasts, skin side down, and spread each one with a quarter of the stuffing. Fold the breasts in half over the stuffing and use toothpicks to skewer the sides closed. Brush or spray both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the breasts over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C) until the meat juices run clear and the cheese is melted, 8 to 12 minutes, turning once (if flare-ups occur, finish grilling the breasts over indirect medium heat). Keep the lid closed as often as possible during grilling. Remove from the grill and carefully remove the toothpicks. Serve warm.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 8 to 12 minutes