- 2/3 cup salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 10 whole allspice, crushed
- 1/4 cup peeled and coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole turkey breast, 2kg to 3kg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large, 8L stockpot, dissolve the salt in 2 cups of very hot water. Add the rest of the brine ingredients and stir to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Rinse the turkey breast under cold water and place it in the brine. Surround it with about 6 cups of ice cubes. Add enough water to totally cover the turkey breast by at least 11.5cm. Carefully stir the brine one last time. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove the turkey breast from the pot and discard the brine. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Place the turkey, skin side up, in a roast holder set in a disposable aluminum pan. Brush the skin with the melted butter. Grill over indirect medium heat (180°C to 230°C) until the skin is golden and the internal temperature reaches 75°C, about 1-1/2 hours. Keep the lid closed as often as possible during grilling. Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes before carving into thin slices.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 12 hours or overnight
Grilling time: 1-1/2 hours