- 1 chicken weighing approx. 1.5 kg
- 2 organic lemons
- Garlic oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
IN THE KITCHEN
- Peel the garlic cloves and combine the oil, garlic, thyme leaves and zest of lemon.
- Clean the chicken, wash the lemons and cut them into quarters and stuff the chicken with it. If necessary, close with a meat skewer.
- Brush the chicken with the garlic oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken on the rotisserie spit.
AT THE BARBECUE
- Half fill the chimney starter with Weber briquettes, light them and prepare the barbecue for indirect heat – approx. 240-250°C.
- Place an aluminium tray between the briquettes to collect fat and meat juices.
- Fit the spit with the chicken into the rotisserie motor and leave to turn for approx. 70 min.
- Continue cooking the chicken until the core temperature is 73°C.
- Take the chicken off the rotisserie spit and allow it to rest for approx. 15 min before carving. The core temperature will go up a couple of degrees while the chicken is resting.
- Serves: 3-4
- Skill level: Medium
- Preparation time: 30 min.
- Total time: Approx. 1 hour 50 min.
- Cooking time: 70 min.
- Barbecue temperature: 240-250°C
- Cooking method: Indirect
- Equipment: Handheld blender, Weber Original™ Digital Meat Thermometer, Weber Original™ Rotisserie, aluminium tray
- Core temperature: 75°C