- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black olive tapenade
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, 1.5kg to 2kg, cut into 8 serving pieces
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Rinse the chicken pieces under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and boil for 1 full minute. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken, skin side up, over indirect medium heat (180°C to 230°C) until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink at the bone. The leg and thigh pieces will take 40 to 50 minutes and the breast and wing pieces will take 30 to 40 minutes. Keep the lid closed as often as possible during grilling. Baste with the boiled marinade during the last 10 to 20 minutes of grilling time. Remove from the grill and serve warm with orzo, a Greek salad, and pita bread, if desired.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 4 to 6 hours
Grilling time: 40 to 50 minutes