- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons mild chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 170g each
- Canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 10cm section cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the pineapple juice, chili sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until 1/2 cup remains, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in the mustard and sesame oil and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the almonds until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly brush or spray both sides of the chicken with oil. Season with the marjoram and salt and pepper to taste. Grill over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm to the touch and no longer pink in the center, 8 to 12 minutes, turning once. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, chicken, almonds, and cucumbers. Drizzle the dressing over the top (you may not need all of it) and toss to evenly coat the leaves. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 8 to 12 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6