- 450g freshly ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl combine the burger ingredients. Mix gently with your hands, being careful not to overwork the meat. Moisten your hands with water and shape the meat into four burgers, each about 4 inches in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Lightly brush or spray the patties with olive oil. Grill over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C) until well done and the internal temperature reaches 75°C, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once when the patties release easily from the grate.
- Lightly toast the buns over direct medium heat for about 30 seconds just before serving. Brush with mustard or mayonnaise to taste, add the burgers, and serve warm with grilled onions on top, if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 10 to 12 minutes