- 2 duck breasts, each weighing approx. 300 g
- Teriyaki sauce
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml water
- 60 g cane sugar
- 12 g ginger
- 12 g garlic
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
IN THE KITCHEN
- Put the soy sauce, water, sugar, grated ginger and crushed garlic in a pan and bring to boil over a medium/high heat.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for approx. 3 min.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp of water and thicken the sauce.
- Leave to cool.
- Score the skin on the duck breasts in a criss-cross pattern.
- Marinate the duck breasts in the chilled teriyaki sauce for approx. 1 hour.
AT THE BRAAI
- Three-quarters fill the chimney starter with Weber briquettes and prepare the barbecue for indirect heat – 260-270°C.
- Brush the grate with a neutral oil.
- Place the marinated duck breasts on the grate and cook for approx. 20-25 min until the core temperature is 58°C.
- Put a small handful of smoke chips directly over the briquettes for the last 10 min of cooking time.
- Serve the barbecued duck breasts with julienne vegetables rolled in rice paper and with a sweet chilli sauce.
Skill level: Medium
Preparation time: 1 hour 30 min (including marinating)
Total time: Approx. 1 hour 30 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Barbecue temperature: 260-270°C
Cooking method: Indirect
Equipment: Weber Original™ Digital Meat Thermometer, Weber® Smoke Chips – apple
Core temperature: 58°C