- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced spring onions
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (with skin), 170g to 225g each and about 2.5cm thick
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl whisk the sauce ingredients.
- Generously brush or spray the fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill, flesh side down, over direct high heat (230°C to 290°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until you can lift the fillets with tongs off the grate without sticking, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the fillets and cook them to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare. Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh, and transfer the fillets to serving plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the fillets.
- Serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Grilling time: 8 to 11 minutes