- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced spring onions
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (with skin), 170g to 225g each and about 2.5cm thick
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl whisk the sauce ingredients.
Generously brush or spray the fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill, flesh side down, over direct high heat (230°C to 290°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until you can lift the fillets with tongs off the grate without sticking, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the fillets and cook them to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare. Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh, and transfer the fillets to serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the fillets. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Grilling time: 8 to 11 minutes