- 2 whole ocean perch, each weighing approx. 350 g
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 2 spring onions
- ½ chilli
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 uncooked pie crust (23 cm)
- Grill the bell pepper over direct medium heat (180°C to 230°C), with the lid closed as much as possible, until the skin is evenly charred on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pepper from the grill and place in a paper bag; close tightly. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes to steam off the skin. Remove the pepper from the bag and peel away the charred skin.
- Cut off the top and remove the seeds. Coarsely chop the pepper and put in a food processor. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and process until smooth. Pour into a small serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes. In a small bowl whisk the eggs and cream together and add to the butter-onion mixture. Add the remaining filling ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Line a 23cm metal pie tin with the crust. Pour the filling into the crust. Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the edges of the crust and the filling begin to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes. Then continue cooking over direct low heat (120°C to 180°C), with the lid closed, until the filling is no longer wet in the center, about 15 minutes more. Remove from the grill and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with the sauce.
Skill level: Medium
Preparation time: 40 min
Total time: Approx. 70 min
Cooking time: Approx. 25-30 min
Barbecue temperature: 240-250°C
Cooking method: Indirect
Equipment: Weber Original™ Digital Meat Thermometer, Weber Original™ Fish Turner, large