- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 6 salmon fillets (with skin), each about 170g and 2.5cm thick
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients until smooth.
- Place the salmon fillets in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in all but 1/3 cup of the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill the fillets, skin side down, over indirect high heat (230°C to 290°C), with the lid closed, until opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of grilling time, brush the fillets with the 1/3 cup reserved marinade. Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh and transfer the fillets to serving plates.
- Serve warm.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 15 to 30 minutes
Grilling time: 10 to 12 minutes