4 salmon fillets
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chile-garlic sauce, such as Sriacha
- 2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
IN THE KITCHEN
Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
Place salmon in a shallow baking dish, pour marinade over the salmon and let marinate for 30-60 minutes, turning salmon once. Remove salmon from marinade and blot gently with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
Generously brush the salmon with oil and season evenly with salt and pepper.
Brush the cooking grates clean.
Grill the salmon, flesh side down first, over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until you can lift the fillets with tongs off the grate without sticking, 6 to 8 minutes.
Turn the fillets and cook them to your desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes more for medium rare
Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh, and transfer the fillets to serving plates.