- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 acorn squashes, 1-1/2 to 2 pounds each
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine the butter ingredients. Mix well with a fork.
- With a large, heavy knife, cut the squashes in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Lightly brush the exposed flesh with the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the squash halves, cut sides down, over indirect high heat (230°C to 290°C) until grill marks are clearly visible, about 30 minutes. Turn the squash halves cut sides up. Spread the exposed flesh with the pecan butter. Continue grilling until the flesh is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Keep the lid closed as often as possible during grilling.
- Serve warm.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 50 to 60 minutes