- 420g plain flour
- 2 tsp nigella seeds or caraway seeds
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 sachet of dried active yeast.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
The perfect side dish to go with your curry!
- Sift the flour into a bowl, then add all the other ingredients. Using a wooden spoon mix together to form a ball of dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until smooth. This can also be done in an electric mixer with a dough hook. Grease a large mixing bowl with extra vegetable oil and add the dough. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and set aside for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the charcoal pizza oven or a pizza stone for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into five equal balls. Roll the balls of dough into a tear-shaped naan, about 20cm long, 10cm at the widest point.
- Using a Weber Original Pizza Paddle transfer as many naans as will fit onto the preheated stone. Cook for 3 minutes or until the naans have puff up and are scorching on top.
- Serve with a little melted butter brushed over them.
PREPARATION: 90 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 3 Minutes