- 4-6 portobello mushrooms
- 1 roll of goat’s cheese (8-12 slices)
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 30 g broad-leafed parsley
- 25 g parmesan
- ½ clove of garlic
- 30 g hazelnuts
IN THE KITCHEN
- Grate the parmesan.Combine the parsley, olive oil, hazelnuts, parmesan and garlic into a smooth pesto.
- Clean the mushrooms and brush them with the pesto.
- Place the mushrooms bottom up on a grill pan.
- Place 2 slices of goat cheese on each mushroom.
AT THE BRAAI
- Fill the chimney starter one third with Weber briquettes.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat – 180-190°C.
- Place the grill pan on the grate and place mushrooms on it. Cook for approx. 12-15 min until the goat cheese is melted.
The mushrooms can be sprinkled with coarsely chopped, crispy bacon before serving or garnish the mushrooms with air-dried ham and rocket.
Skill level: Easy
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 12-15 min
Barbecue temperature: 180-190°C
Cooking method: Indirect
Equipment: Handheld blender, Weber Original™ Grill Pan, large