COMPLIANCE WITH STATUTORY CONSUMER PROTECTION PROVISIONS
www.weber.co.za adheres to the provisions of Chapter VII of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“the Act”). Chapter VII of the Act provides protection to consumers and the provisions of the Act relevant to commercial transactions that may be effected on the www.weber.co.za website, as well as the information required in terms of the Act, are provided for your reference.
Return of products or cancellation of service agreements
www.weber.co.za shall, subject to the exclusions provided for below and the provisions relating to any return of products or cancellation of a service agreement, allow the return of products or cancellation of a service agreement, within seven days of the date of receipt by you of the products or the conclusion of an agreement to provide services.
Exclusions from return of products or cancellation of service agreements
The provisions of this agreement relating to the return of goods and cancellation of any agreement to provide services shall not apply if:
- any products and services are acquired by auction;
- the supply of products which comprise food stuffs, beverages, or other goods intended for everyday consumption at the home or workplace of the customer;
- to services which commenced with the customers consent, (either express or implied) prior to the expiry of the seven day period;
- where the price of the products or services depends on fluctuation in financial markets beyond the control of www.weber.co.za;
- where the products are personalised or made to the customer’s specifications;
- where the products are perishable or will expire rapidly;
- where the products by reason of their nature cannot be returned;
- if audio, video recordings or any form of computer software are either used or if supplied other than in digital form, if the seal on the storage media is broken;
- the sale of reading material in whatever form;
- the provision of any gaming or lottery services;
- the provision of accommodation, travel, transport, catering or leisure services if www.weber.co.za or its agents or suppliers undertake to provide these services on a specific date or within or for a specific period.
Customers obligations on return of products and services
If a customer cancels any transaction in respect of which delivery of the products or services (to the extent that they may be returned) have been delivered, within seven days of the receipt of the products or services, the customer shall return to www.weber.co.za or its authorised agents, the products, undamaged in any manner, together with all packing materials and documentation delivered by www.weber.co.za or its agents, to the customer as well as a written indication of the customer’s choice to cancel the transaction. The customer shall refund to www.weber.co.za all direct expenses incurred by www.weber.co.za or it’s authorised agents, in the delivery of the products and services ordered by the customer, as well as the direct expenses incurred by www.weber.co.za or its authorised agents in accepting return of the products and cancellation of the provision of services, arising as a result of the return of the products or cancellation of the services ordered by the customer.
www.weber.co.za’s obligations on return of the products and services
Within thirty days of return of the products or receipt of notice of cancellation of the agreement to deliver services, www.weber.co.za or its authorised agents shall refund to the customer any amounts paid by the customer less any amounts due by the customer to www.weber.co.za as provided for above.